1) The first experience I would like to write about is all of the knee problems I have had. It all started with a few days left of my 8th grade year when I tore my ACL for the first time. At that time I had no idea what I was getting into. Now, about 4 years and 3 surgeries later I am still having knee issues. I have yet another surgery in about 4-6 months. As terrible as it is to have to go through all of this, I wouldn't change anything about it. Ultimately it has made me a much stronger person. My pain tolerance is extremely high and I also have become more emotionally stable. There are times when I catch myself feeling sorry or depressed, but then I remember that there are people that have it so much worse than me. There are people that spend their whole lives in hospitals, or don't even get the chance to fully live their life. At times life may get rough and it could seem like there's no way out, but we need to take a step back and think about others. Even with what I have been through, I am grateful for every part of it.
2) The other option I could write about was one that I just experienced yesterday. We had to put our chocolate lab down. Her name was Comet, as in "Haley's Comet." She had been growing up with me since when I was in pre-school all the way up to my senior year of high school. She was truly the best dog anyone could ask for and was a member of the family. Going to the vet's office and actually being with my dog as they put her down was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. People that haven't experienced the love of a dog or a pet would not understand why I'm so upset about this. I keep wanting to pet Comet or say hi to her and then realize that she isn't here anymore. It just feels so lonely without her. Eventually, we will move on and get another dog, but I know that I will never forget her.
Awwww! I'm sorry to hear about your dog. That's a tough thing to deal with. It would also make an interesting thing to write about. There could be some connecting how he's always been there for you as you've grown up to his own growing up. His being there through all your major changes in life could lead to any number of interesting anecdotes. The hard part would be narrowing down some moments to discuss.
ReplyDeleteThe first option sounds pretty good, too. I think the overall message might be a bit tougher in the first one, unless you really go with the idea of perseverance.