Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Into the Wild Personal Response
I definitely understand what Chris is saying here. You never know when you will have to go into a full sprint and it is much easier if you are prepared. By being prepared, that includes carrying the least amount of weight as possible and only keeping the necessities. This could pretty much be considered living a minimalist lifestyle. A minimalist lifestyle is basically the idea of living only with the things you really need. I would definitely not want to live a minimalist lifestyle. With the way the world works today, I don't think many people have the desire to live this type of life. It really is pretty sad. But unfortunately that's how spoiled today's society is. Most people have a TV, a computer, a cellphone, and many other high-tech inventions. Usually, once we discover how nice and efficient these things are, it seems that we cannot live without them. However, saying that, I do think that it is definitely possible. I believe that if I really wanted to live like a minimalist then I would be able to. But because it isn't something I am very interested in, I personally would not have the drive and ambition to achieve something as major as completely changing your whole life from the way you have known it to be since you were young enough to remember, to something totally different and unfamiliar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment